This article is to help you be more consistent when bowling and assist you in developing a checklist. Baseball players, tennis players, golfers, pool players, and more all try different strategies so they can develop a routine that works best for them. Developing a routine will force you to give more thought to what you are doing and help your concentration. You want to think about what you want to do before you approach the lane. Some people choose a board on the approach they want to stand on or what target they want to aim at. Once on the approach, they tend to their checklist or follow their routine.
1. Get feet set on the proper board and assure you’re a proper distance from the foul line.
2. Get right elbow tucked in close to body.
3. Get hand in the proper starting position.
4. Use left hand to help support weight ball.
5. Flex knees and make sure weight is balanced.
6. Set ball in alignment with target.